In a sea of round and square smartwatches, the OURA ring has quickly become a favorite choice for those who want to track their fitness and sleep without sacrificing style.
The Oura app is also very user-friendly, allowing you to see your progress and results with ease. Plus, there are tons of educational content and guided meditations to keep you motivated and help you learn more about your health and wellness.
However, like any wearable technology, the Oura ring is not perfect and sometimes it needs to be reset.
Here’s how to do a soft reset and a factory reset on your Oura ring. We will also discuss with you different scenarios, where you might want to perform these types of resets.
Why Reset Oura Ring?
There are a few reasons you might need to reset your Oura ring:
- Oura ring not charging: If your Oura ring is not charging, it could be a sign that the battery is low and needs to be replaced. Or, there could be a problem with the charging dock. It might be the case that you are not charing it the right way. Having passed these initial troubleshooting steps, resetting the ring can sometimes fix the problem.
- The Oura ring is not Connecting: If your Oura ring is not connecting to the app, it could be a problem with Bluetooth (airplane mode) or your Oura app. Force restart the app, and also your smartphone. However, if that doesn’t fix the issue, then it might be a good idea to reset your ring.
- Oura ring is not syncing: This is one of the most common problems people have with their Oura ring. Usually, the sleep data refuses to sync until you put the ring on the charging dock. This is a known bug and can be tackled by both updating the ring to the latest firmware or resetting it.
Now that you know when to reset your ring, let’s see how it’s done.
Factory Reset Oura Ring:
Before you proceed with factory resetting, make sure that you have a backup of all the data on your account. To backup, your tracking data, open the OURA app on your smartphone->swipe right->open settings->scroll down, and select ‘Back up all data.
Keep in mind that, factory resetting the Oura Ring will delete all data stored on the ring. However, the data on the OURA app will remain untempered.
Now that you know the basics, here’s how you can reset your ring:
- Open the Oura app.
- Tap the circle with a lightning bolt on the top right corner of the ring
- Swipe right on the screen
- Scroll down and you will find the ‘Factory Reset’ icon. Tap on it once.
- Tap on ‘OK’ and a message will appear on the phone’s screen ‘Performing Factory Reset’.
- Disconnect the ring from the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone.
Once the factory reset is complete, you will have to set up the ring all over again.
If your Oura Ring (Gen 2 or Gen 3) has been acting up lately, then resetting it might be the best way to fix the problem. Unless, you have been facing a persisting issue with the charging, connectivity, or syncing of your ring, we won’t recommend you to reset it.
Resetting should be your last resort as it will delete all data stored on the ring. We hope this guide helped you understand how Oura reset works and when you should do it.