Soccer players need to be at the top of their game at all times. They need to be able to sprint, jump, and change directions quickly. A good soccer player also needs to have great stamina and endurance. To maintain a high level of fitness, players need to have access to the right data and metrics.
This is where a good Garmin watch comes in. A Garmin watch can help you track your performance on the field, so you can see how you’re improving over time. It can also motivate you to push yourself harder and reach your potential. Off-field, it can help you stay on top of your diet and sleep, so you can be at your best when it matters most.
With so many different Garmin watches on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why our research team has scoured the internet for hours to find the 3 best Garmin watches for Soccer.
Best Garmin Watches for Soccer:
Garmin Fenix 7: Best Overall
- Weight & size: 47 x 47 x 14.5 mm | 79 g
- Display: 1.3 inches, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP), 260 x 260 pixels
- Health and Fitness Tracking: Wrist-based Heart Rate (Constant, Every Second), Daily Resting Heart Rate, Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts, Respiration Rate (24×7), Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation, Fitness Age, Body Battery Energy Monitor, All-Day Stress, Relaxation Breathing Timer, Sleep, Sleep Score And Insights, Hydration, Women’s Health, Health Snapshot
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM
- Music: 16GB
- Sensors: Garmin Elevate heart rate sensor, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, Pulse OX blood oxygen saturation monitor
- Battery Performance: Up to 18 days | Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 57 days | GPS Only: Up to 57 hours | All Satellite Systems: Up to 40 hours | All Satellite systems + Music: Up to 10 hours | Max Battery GPS: Up to 136 hours | Expedition GPS: Up to 40 days
Garmin Fenix 7 is the best overall watch for soccer players. It is durable and water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged. Plus, it comes with all the performance and sports metrics you need to track your progress.
Fenix 7 keeps all the best features of its predecessor but adds some much-anticipated new ones. These include a real-time stamina meter to keep track of your endurance on the field, a new intuitive graph to take notice of how your training efforts are affecting your predicted race times.
There are tons of running features on the watch that include
- Pace, Distance, Time & Cadence
- VO2 max estimate
- Heart Rate Variability
- Recovery advisor
- Race Predictor
- Stress score
- Lactate Threshold
- Running Dynamics
- Performance condition
- Training Status & Training effect
- Intensity minutes
In terms of health and fitness features, the watch has to offer
- Body battery
- Recovery time
- All Day Stress
- Sleep Tracking
- Fitness age
There is much more to Fenix 7 than running. It can track well over 60 sports, including Cycling, Swimming, Golf, Hiking, Triathlon, and HIIT.
A touchscreen has made navigation on the watch a breeze. However, the sheer weight and size of the watch might be daunting for some people.
There are plenty of smarts here too with the ability to show notifications and store music playback on your watch. The only thing it’s missing is a voice assistant, that is recently been added to the Venu 2 Plus.
The battery life is also excellent and can last up to weeks in smartwatch mode, The Solar Variant can last up to 57 hours in GPS mode, the best you find in smartwatches till date.
Garmin Forerunner 945: Best Runner Up
- Weight & size: 47 x 47 x 13.7 mm, 50 g
- Display: 1.2 inches, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP), 240 x 240 pixels
- Health and Fitness Tracking: Wrist-based Heart Rate (Constant, Every Second), Daily Resting Heart Rate, Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts, Respiration Rate (24×7), Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation, Fitness Age, Body Battery Energy Monitor, All-Day Stress, Relaxation Breathing Timer, Sleep, Sleep Score And Insights, Hydration, Women’s Health
- **Water Resistance:**5 ATM
- Music: 1000 songs
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, Garmin Elevate Wrist Heart Rate Monitor, Barometric Altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
- Battery Performance: Smartwatch Mode: Up to 2 weeks GPS mode with music: Up to 10 hours GPS mode without music: Up to 36 hours
Garmin Forerunner 945 is lighter and cheaper than the Fenix 7 and is so far the best watch for Triathlon. So if your soccer training involves running, cycling or swimming, this watch will be perfect for you.
The sports profiles and performance and fitness features of FR945 are more or less the same as the Fenix 7.
You will find the differences in Smart features and Battery performance of these watches, but they can not sway your decision much if you need a watch specifically for soccer training.
Garmin Forerunner 55:Best Affordable
- Weight & size: 42 x 42 x 11.6 mm, 37 g
- **Display:**1.04 inches, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP), 208 x 208 pixels
- Health and Fitness Tracking: Wrist-based Heart Rate, Daily Resting Heart Rate, Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts, Respiration Rate (24×7), Fitness Age, Body Battery Energy Monitor, All-Day Stress, Relaxation Breathing Timer, Sleep, Hydration, Women’s Health
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM
- Music: No
- Sensors: Garmin Elevate heart rate sensor, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Accelerometer
- Battery Performance: Smartwatch Mode: Up to 2 weeks, GPS mode: Up to 20 hours
Forerunner 55 is an entry-level Garmin with all the basic running features you need. The watch though lacks running dynamics, but it works as long as you don’t obsess over advanced metrics like ground contact time, vertical ratio, and location.
Its sleek form factor, thinner casing, and lightweight design make it suitable for small and medium-size wrists. Unlike Fenix and Forerunner 945, female soccer players would find the right fit in this watch.
It does not have music storage, but it has all the sensors you will need for tracking your fitness. The only missing ones are respiration, sleep score, and Pulse Ox.
Lastly, its battery performance is great and can last up to 2 weeks on a single charge and 20 hours with GPS running in the background.
Related Post: Best Fitness Trackers for Football
What to look for in a Garmin Watch for Soccer?
There are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a Garmin watch for Soccer.
Weight and size: Soccer players need to be able to move quickly, so they don’t want a bulky watch slowing them down. Look for a watch that is lightweight and has a small profile. Garmin Forerunner Series Fit these criteria.
Durability: Soccer is a tough sport, and your Garmin watch will likely take a beating. Make sure the watch you choose is durable and can handle the rough conditions on the soccer field . The Fenix Series by Garmin is a great option for durability.
Water resistance: You never know when you’re going to get caught in the rain or have to jump into a puddle. Look for a watch that is water-resistant so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged. All Garmin watches come with 5 ATM water resistance, so there is no need to worry here.
Performance and sports Metrics: To excel, Good soccer players must have to track their distance, pace, cadence, heart rate variability, VO2 max, training load, training effect, performance conditions, and a ton of other metrics. Running is at the core of soccer, so it should be your key priority. Make sure that your Garmin watch has running dynamics so you can track all the advanced metrics like Ground Contact Time and Balance; Vertical Oscillation/ Ratio
Health and Fitness: Soccer players need to be in top shape both on and off the field. Make sure that your Garmin watch comes with features like stress tracking, sleep monitoring, and dietary guidance so you can track all aspects of your health. The watch should have advanced metrics like Body Battery, Recovery time, and Respiration rate.
Battery life: Soccer training can sometimes go into overtime, so you don’t want your watch dying in the middle of the game. Choose a watch with long battery life, so you can be sure it will last through an entire session.