Garmin Forerunner Series, as the name suggests, is a line of running watches produced by the American company Garmin. As such, they are designed to be comfortable and practical for runners, with features like built-in GPS, heart rate monitor, and support for external sensors.
Whether you are running outdoor or treadmill, there is a lot of sweat involved. Over time, the Silicone band that comes with most Garmin watches will accumulate sweat and body oils, which will lead to a bad odor. This led many people to wonder can you change Garmin Forerunner bands?
Yes, we can change Garmin Forerunner bands and the ease of replacement depends on the type of the band: Screw-in watch, Quick Release, and QuickFit band.
In this post, we will show you how to change your Garmin Forerunner band. We will also cover some of the most frequently asked questions on Forerunner Series Bands.
Are Garmin Forerunner Bands Interchangeable?
We can switch out bands on all Garmin Forerunner watches as long as the bands are of the same size and width. So essentially, Garmin Forerunner bands are interchangeable.
Does Garmin Sell Replacement Bands?
Yes, Garmin does sell replacement bands. However, the selection is limited and the prices are high (around $50). There are different band materials to choose from: Silicone, Nylon, and Leather. Also, they are available in different color options that include Black, Lava Red, White, Iris and so on.
If you want to buy an affordable replacement band for your Forerunner watch, you can find them on Amazon or other online retailers.
What size band Garmin Forerunner Watches Take?
It varies by the watch. The majority of Garmin Forerunner watches use a band size of 20mm (wide). However, there are a few models that use 20mm or 23mm band sizes.
Here is a list to help you out:
19mm Replacement Band:
Garmin Forerunner 45/45S
20mm Replacement Band:
- Garmin Forerunner 55
- Garmin Forerunner 245/245 Music
- Garmin Forerunner 645
22mm Replacement Band:
- Garmin Forerunner 35
- Garmin Forerunner 745
- Garmin Forerunner 935
- Garmin Forerunner 945/945LTE
How To change Garmin Forerunner Watch Band?
The following step by step guide will work for most Garmin Forerunner Watches including Forerunner 245, 645, 935, and 945 LTE
Tools and materials needed:
- Regular Replacement Band
- Quickfit replacement band (for your model of Garmin Forerunner)
- Tiny screwdriver that usually come with replacement straps
- Paper clip or safety pin
- Soap or alcohol (optional)
If you want to replace the original band with a similar one, follow the instructions below.
- Remove the screws from the back of your watch using the screwdriver. There are two screws, one on each side.
- Carefully remove the spring bar from the watch using the paper clip or safety pin.
- Slide the old band off of the watch case.
- Put the new band between the respective lugs and make sure that the band is in the correct orientation.
- Reattach the spring bar to hold the band in place.
- Put the screws into their respective holes, and tighten them.
Alternatively, if you have a Quickfit Replacement Band follow all the above steps till the third one.
- Put the spring bar between the lugs by pushing it through one hole and out the other side.
- Apply a small amount of soap or alcohol to the new band and insert it into the watch case.
- Put some pressure onto band until it snaps into place.
Best Replacement Bands for Garmin Forerunner Series?
Here is a list of the best bands for Garmin Forerunner Series Watches. We have made sure that the bands are compatible with most of the Forerunner Series Watches.
- NotoCity silicone band ( 20mm)
- Intoval classic leather band (20mm)
- Yooside woven nylon band (20mm)
- StrapsCo Canvas band (22mm)
- LDFAS Metal band (22mm)
Garmin Forerunner bands are interchangeable and you can buy replacement bands from Amazon or other online retailers.
If you want to change your band, follow the instructions in this post. Make sure that you have the correct size band for your watch model.
We hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below.