Fitbit is a renowned name in the fitness tracking space, one of the pioneers in the industry. The company has a wide range of products, all focused on helping people stay fit and healthy.
If you own a Fitbit, there are instances when you may find that the time displayed on your device is incorrect. Or in case you have moved to a place where the time zone has changed, you need to make manual adjustments.
While you can usually adjust the time through the Fitbit app, there are times when you may need to change the time without using the app.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps on how to change the time on your Fitbit without using the app. Whether you own a Fitbit from Versa or Charger lineups, the process is pretty similar. We would also show you how to change the time between 12 and 24 hours format.
Usually, if your Fitbit is working properly and connected to your phone, the time sync without any effort involved. But in our case, we don’t have the app, or the app is not working properly.
How To Change Time on Fitbit Without App?
To change time on your Fitbit without using the smartphone app, you need to have a smartphone or a laptop with an internet connection. The next steps are:
- First, go to the Fitbit website on your Windows/Mac or your Android or iPhone browser.
- Log in to your account by putting in your email/username and password.
- Once you are logged in, click on the gear icon at the top left corner of the page.
- It will open up a drop-down menu where you need to scroll down and click on “Settings.”
- From the settings page, click on ‘Personal Info’ and then ‘Time Zone’.
- Click on the drop-down menu icon and select ‘Clock Display time.’
- Choose your current time zone, click on “submit”
- The time on your Fitbit should now be adjusted as soon as it syncs when connected to the internet.
How to change the time between 12 and 24 hours format on Fitbit?
There is no need for the Fitbit app for this as you need to log in to the web dashboard on the Fitbit website to switch between 12 hours and 24-hour format. To do so:
- First, open a web browser on your Windows/Mac or your Android or iPhone and go to the Fitbit website and fill in your credentials.
- Open ‘Settings’>> ‘Personal Info’>>Clock Display time
- Here, you can choose between 12 hours and 24-hour time format.
- Click submit & Sync your Fitbit Watch or tracker and you are good to go.
Fitbit Time Sync: Frequently Asked Questions
Can I manually change the time on my Fitbit?
You can manually change the time on your Fitbit if you are unable to sync it on your smartphone app. However, you can’t do so on the Fitbit itself. You will have to log into the Fitbit website dashboard and make the changes from there.
What happens if my Fitbit’s time is not syncing?
If your Fitbit’s time is not syncing, it may be due to several reasons such as a weak internet connection or a problem with the Fitbit app. If you are unable to sync your device even after trying all troubleshooting, try resetting your Fitbit to factory defaults.
How do I reset my Fitbit without the app?
There are two ways to reset a Fitbit- either through the settings page on the Fitbit website or by using the “reset” button on your device. If you are using the website, go to ‘Settings’>> ‘Personal Info’>> ‘Reset’. If you are using the device, hold down the button for 10-15 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo.
You will then need to set up your device again by following the on-screen instructions.
Keep in mind that the manual process may vary depending on the type and generation of Fitbit you are using.
Can you use Fitbit without the app?
You can use Fitbit without the Connect app. However, you need to sync it with the Web-based application on your computer or smartphone. This way you ensure that all your logged activities and fitness data is properly backed up.
You can change the time on your Fitbit without using the app, but you need an internet connection and a compatible smartphone. To adjust between 12 and 24-hour formats, go to the ‘Settings’ page on the Fitbit website and make the changes. If your time isn’t syncing, there are several troubleshooting methods you can try but resetting your helps 90% of the time.