The Garmin Fenix 7 lineup has high-end GPS smartwatches that offer users a wealth of sports, fitness, and outdoor features.
However, like any other smartwatch, the Garmin Fenix 7 devices are not perfect and can have their fair share of issues that ranges from connectivity to battery life drainage.
If you’re experiencing any issue with your Garmin Fenix 7 series watch and want to fix it, one of the first things you can do is to reset it back to factory defaults.
In this article, we will show you how to reset your Garmin Fenix 7 watch. These steps will work for all watches in the Fenix 7 series.
- Garmin Fenix 7S
- Garmin Fenix 7
- Garmin Fenix 7X
How to Hard Reset Garmin Fenix 7s, 7 or 7x?
If you’d like to erase the information on your watch, as well as all of your personal data and activity history, a hard reset is the best option, you can do this via using Watch Reset Setting or by using physical buttons on the watch.
If you’re preparing to take your Fenix 7’s hard rest, make sure it has at least 30% battery life because if the watch turns off during the reset process, it could lead to complications on GarminOS.
Hard Reset a Garmin Fenix 7 using Buttons:
This is an old-school method that works for both the latest models of Fenix 7 as well as the older ones.
- Firstly you have to power off your watch by pressing and holding the Light Button for a few seconds until the menu appears on the screen.
- From the menu select the ‘Power off‘ option and select ‘Yes‘ to turn it off.
- Once the watch is off, press and hold down the Light Button, Start Stop Button, and Back Lap Button.
- You will hear a two-beep sound as the watch is starting up. Release the Start/Stop Button on the first beep, then Back Lap Button on the 2nd beep.
- The watch now restarts in factory mode, wait until the resetting process is finished, which should take about 15 seconds.
Alternatively, you can reboot the watch to factory defaults right from the setting menu.
Hard Reset a Garmin Fenix 7 from Setting menu:
You won’t have to power off your watch to perform a factory reset if you follow these steps, however, the 30% battery life condition remains the same.
- From the main menu on your watch, select Settings.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Select Reset in the System Menu.
- In the Reset Menu, you will have options like ‘Reset Default Settings’, ‘Delete All Activities’, Reset Totals’ and ‘Delete Data, Reset Settings’
- Select ‘Delete Data, Reset Settings‘ and then select ‘Yes‘ to confirm.
- Your watch will again Ask you for confirmation, select Yes to confirm.
- The watch will now restart and all data will be deleted, including settings.
After the reset process is complete, the watch will start up with the factory default settings, and hopefully with no more issues.
Resetting your Garmin Fenix 7 s, 7, 7x by either physical buttons or software is a very easy process that should only take a few minutes. All you have to do is to follow the above-mentioned steps carefully and you will be able to reset your watch without any issues.