There are many reasons why you might want to reset your Suunto 9. Perhaps you’re experiencing problems with the Watch, or you’ve decided to sell it and want to erase all your old data. Whatever your reason, resetting is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few minutes.
If you wish to preserve any data from your Suunto 9, back it up first before beginning the reset procedure.
Follow the below guide to reset your Suunto 9.
How to Factory Reset Suunto 9:
As we know that Sunnto 9 comes in two models Sunnto 9 peak and Sunnto 9 Baro, So the method to reset Sunnto 9 peak is different from Sunnto 9 Baro.
As Sunnto 9 peak will be reset using the watch settings and for Sunnto 9 Baro you have to use the SuuntoLink Application on your computer or laptop.
Hard Reset Suunto 9 Peak:
the overall process to reset your Sunnto 9 Peak is similar to the Suunto 5 Peaks. follow the below guide to complete the process.
- You have to open the Settings by pressing the middle button on the watch.
- From the Settings menu, choose General settings.
- Under the General settings scroll down a bit using viva buttons or touch screen to find Reset settings.
- To begin the process of reset, select Reset by pressing the upper right button or by tapping on the screen
it will take a few seconds to complete the reset, your Suunto 9 Peak will restart which indicates that the Hard reset is done successfully.
Hard Reset Suunto 9 Baro:
For hard resetting Sunnto 9 Baro, you will need a computer or laptop with the SuuntoLink application installed.
Once you have installed the SuuntoLink application,
- you have to connect your Sunnto 9 Baro to the computer using the USB cable and open the SuuntoLink. it will take a few seconds to recognize and sync the watch with the application.
- Once the Syncing is done, you will have to select the Cogwheel on the top right corner of the app.
- under the drop-down menu select Watches.
- In the Watches menu select Reset all settings under the name of the watch.
- Now a popup will appear on the screen asking for your confirmation. Select Reset watch.
Wait for the reset process to complete, it will take a few minutes. Once the reset is done, your Sunnto 9 Baro will restart. and the hard rest of Suunto Baro is completed.
Note: You can reset Suunto’s previous Smartwatches with the techniques outlined below:
- Ambit (1,2,3)
- Suunto 3
- Suunto 5 (Peak)
How to Soft Reset Suunto 9:
The process of soft reset for Suunto 9 Peak and Baro is the same all you have to do is follow the below steps.
Press and hold the upper right button for almost 12 to 15 seconds and then release it. your watch would be rebooted after a few seconds.
Congratulation, you have successfully soft reset your Suunto 9 Peak or Baro.
Resetting your Suunto 9 is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few minutes. all you have to do is to follow the guide above to reset your Suunto 9 Peak or Suunto 9 Baro.