Garmin Venu 2 Plus like its predecessor Venu 2 and other premium watches by the company offers support for Spotify. This means you can control the playback of your music and podcasts from your wrist, without needing to pull out your phone. And also, you can download playbacks for offline listening.
Though the company offers support for multiple music applications (Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartradio), Spotify integration is what most Garmin fans are interested in.
The setup process is easy and straightforward, and yet most people find it hard to get Spotify to work on Garmin Watches. That’s why we are here to help you out.
In this article, we will take you through the complete process of setting up Spotify on your Garmin Venu 2 Plus. The process is the same for other watches in Venu, Vivoactive, Forerunner, and Fenix Series.
Does Garmin Venu Support Spotify?
All watches in the Garmin Venu Series support Spotify except for Venu SQ. The supported Garmin watches include Venu 2 Plus, Venu 2, Venu 2S, Venu SQ Music, and the original Garmin Venu.
Spotify and all other music streaming apps don’t come pre-installed on the Garmin watches. You will have to download it from the Garmin Connect IQ store and set it up later through a paired smartphone.
How to Use Spotify on Garmin Venu Series?
To use Spotify on your Garmin Venu 2 Plus, or any watch in the Venu Series, you will need the following things:
- Spotify Premium Account
- A Compatible Watch: Garmin Venu 2 Plus
- A stable Wi-Fi Connection (For Music Syncing)
- 50-100% charging on your watch.
- Bluetooth Earbuds/headphones
Once you met all the prerequisites, you can start the Spotify on Garmin process.
The following are the steps you need to follow:
- The First Step is to install the ‘Garmin ConnectIQ’ app on your smartphone. You might have already installed it if you’ve ever used a Garmin watch before. If not, follow these links. For Andriod, For IOS
- Once the app is installed, find ‘More’ at the bottom of the screen if you are using an iOS device and three bars at the top-left of the screen on Andriod Smartphones. Tap on it and find the ‘Connect IQ store‘ in the menu. Keep in mind that your Venu 2 Plus needs to be connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth before you install the Spotify app on it.
- Once inside the ConnectIQ store, open the top bar and select ‘Venu 2 Plus’ from the list. In the search box, find the Spotify app and hit ‘Download’. A pop-up would appear almost instantly on your phone and you will have to give the approval to install the app.
- It would take a few minutes for your phone app to load Spotify on the watch. As soon as the app is synced on Venu 2 Plus, a notification will appear on the watch screen with a message “New Music provider had been added”.
- Press and hold the down button on your watch and it will open the settings. Find Music>>Music Provider>>Spotify. A message will appear on the watch telling you to ‘Add a Wi-Fi network to use Spotify’ if you haven’t already.
- To add a Wi-Fi network on Garmin Venu 2 Plus, open the Connect IQ app and tap on the three slides/more depending on your smartphone. Select Garmin Devices>>Select Venu 2 Plus>>General>>Wi-Fi Networks>>Add a Network>>Select from the available network>>Fill In password.
- Repeat step 5 on your watch, and this time a prompt will tell you to open the ConnectIQ App on your paired Smartphone. A notification will appear on your smartphone that would take you straight to a ‘Log in’ page where you fill in your user ID and password for the Spotify Premium Account. This step would be automatically skipped if your ‘ConnectIQ store is already linked to Spotify’.
- Just choose any beat on the Spotify app from your watch, and it will be prompted to add headphones on most Garmin Watches but not Venu 2 Plus. It is the first by the company to add a speaker and microphone.
The Spotify experience on Garmin is not similar to that on Apple Watch. For instance, you cannot create playlists on the watch itself. All you can do is create playlists on your smartphone app and it will be automatically synced to the watch.
How to listen to Music From Spotify on Garmin Venu Watch?
Venu 2 plus has a speaker and microphone, so the Spotify music will be directly played on the watch without the need for headphones. However, the watch speaker is not capable enough to give you a rich listening experience.
Ultimately, you would have to connect earbuds/headphones to the watch to get the best Spotify experience on Garmin Venu 2 Plus. Keep in mind that not all headphones or earbuds are compatible with the watch. And even with the compatible headphones, features like volume control and skipping tracks won’t work.
We will soon compile a list of the Best Headphones for the Garmin Venu Series for you.
Your favorite tracks will stream directly on the watch as long as it has a Wi-Fi connection, but if you have them downloaded directly on the watch, there is no need to worry about anything.
Can you listen to Spotify on the Garmin watch without phone?
Yes, you can use the Spotify app on the Garmin watch even if you do not have your phone with you. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection and a watch.
Does Spotify Drain Battery Faster?
Spotify does have a significant impact on the battery life of wearables, be it the Apple, Samsung, or Garmin Watches. And, if you are using features like LiveTrack which require a constant GPS connection, then that would take a heavy toll on the battery.
For instance, Garmin Venu 2 Plus can last for 9 days max as long as you don’t activate battery-hoggers. And Spotify streaming is the main culprit for eating up the battery. Streaming Music on Spotify with GPS running in the background would reduce the battery performance to merely 6-8 hours.
The take is, always be mindful of your watch’s battery life when streaming music.
Although the Spotify experience on Garmin Venu 2 Plus is not as rich as on Apple Watch, it still offers a great way to listen to your favorite tracks on the go. The watch has a speaker and microphone that lets you directly play music without headphones. However, for the best experience, we recommend using earbuds or headphones.
In this post, we have tried to answer all the most common questions related to using Spotify on Garmin Venu Series Watches, with Venu 2 Plus in focus. Do let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to help.